Chairman of Department:
Name: Dr. A.K. Sharma
Designation: Professor & Chairman
Phone: 0130- 2484182
E-mail -id: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of Materials Science and Nanotechnology has started functioning from the session 2010-11. It offers M.Tech and Ph.D. programmes. This department combines the cutting edge areas of Materials Science and Nano-technology and is committed to train students in all aspects of modern materials including metals, ceramics, polymers, electronic and optical materials and materials characterization. Modern state of the art laboratories are coming up with modern equipment and facilities. The faculty members of the department are actively engaged in the forefront domains of research and have individual Major Research Projects from Govt. funding agencies like DST, UGC etc.
- With collaborative efforts and using the multi-disciplinary nature of our department as a source of innovation and technical excellence, we will bring about the scientific and technological breakthroughs necessary for industry and governmental priorities and initiatives, making us a global leader in materials education of our students and exceeding expectations.
- Our mission is to:
- Advance our fundamental understanding of materials properties, processing and applications by performing leading edge, world class research.
- Create a stimulating and nurturing educational and research environment for propelling our students towards successful careers;
- Engage in collaborative research efforts with corporate and academic partners globally;
- Train the most highly valued materials science and engineering students in the country;
- Promote a greater understanding of the role of materials science in society; and
- Systematically manage the research grants and other funds
- Create fruitful contacts with industries
- Create and maintain contact with worldwide network of researchers and educators in the field
- The Department of Materials Science and Nanotechnology will be internationally recognized for excellence in education and research in materials science and nanotechnology by the leaders of industry and peers at academic institutions. This department will be a destination for students, researchers, and faculty seeking to pursue scholarship that advances the science and engineering of materials, especially at the nanoscale.
- The Department of Materials Science and Nanotechnology seeks to be among the top 10 of the best programs in the country within the next two decades.
- Our vision is to be a vibrant, supportive community of materials scientists and nanoscale engineers developing fundamental understanding, enabling advanced technologies, and providing world leadership through education and innovative research.
- Our vision encompasses meeting new challenges that arise for universities due to the actual social context in India and the world, such as:
- The changing security situation within and around the nation
- Rapid change and increased globalization
- A highly diverse and multicultural society
- Demographic structure: Young and dynamic population
- Within this context, the technical education community needs to be able to satisfy ever new demands. We must:
- Deal with the general difficulty in recruiting bright students for scientific and technical studies.
- Relate to the professional world by taking into account the technological demands of the industry.
- Increase the general level of scientific culture within society.
- Make the best use of available resources.
- Aid in the development of additional personal competencies such as adaptability, tolerance of others, team work, problem solving, taking risks, etc.
- Promote the adaptation capacity of individuals for industrial and economic changes.
- Encourage international exposure of both the faculty and the students of the Department
- Encourage lifelong learning encouraging people to further continue learning and training.
|Name of Course||Specialization|
|M.Tech.||Materials Science & Nanotechnology|
List of equipments available
Material Synthesis Laboratory (Room No. 223)
Fume Hood – 01
Programmable Oven – 02
Water distillation unit – 01
Hot plates with PID controller – 02 (upto 400 °C)
Magnetic stirrer (with hot plate) – 03
Magnetic stirrer (03 pin hot plate) – 01 (DST project)
Magnetic stirrer (with temperature controller) – 03
Bath sonicator – 02
Heating mantle – 02 (upto 100 °C)
Digital pH meter with temp. sensor – 01
Thin Film Laboratory (Room No. 222)
Langmuir Blodgett thin film deposition system (with teflon trough and surface pressure measurement
Programmable Spin coating system (with oil free vacuum punp)
Single dip coating system (Programmable)
0-1 Giga Ohm DC resistivity setup
Electronic balance – 02 (3 decimal places)
Electrochemical workstation Autolab (DST project)
Hydrolic Pallet Press
Computation and simulation Laboratory (Room No. 220)
Computers (2nd Gen Intel Core i3, equipped with word processing and image processing software) – 15
Crystal Maker Software
Mathematical Analysis Software
Research Laboratory (Room No. 217)
Microprocessor based high temperature muffle furnace (upto 1500 °C) – 01
Microprocessor based high temperature tubular muffle furnace (upto 1500 °C) – 01 (UGC project)
Electronic Pallet pressing machine
|Name of Faculty Member||Designation||Highest Qualification||Specialization|
|Dr. A.K. Sharma||Professor & Chairperson||Ph. D.||Conducing Polymer based Nanocomposites, Supercapacitors|
|Dr. B.S. Dehiya||Associate Professor||Ph. D.||Nanocomposites, Metals and Ceramics, Microstructural Characterization|
|Dr. Surender Duhan||Assistant Professor||Ph. D.||Nanomaterials, Nanocomposites, Glass, Sensors|